Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » The Best Fishfinder: Garmin 160c Review
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

The Best Fishfinder: Garmin 160c Review

I'm an avid bass fisherman, and I was hesitant about using a fishfinder

. I always considered it cheating. I finally took the plunge, however, and bought a Garmin 160c Fishfinder.

Let me tell you, it was probably the best fishing investment I've ever made. I decided to write up a little review to tell you all about it. It's really great.

The Garmin 160c is an affordable color sonar option for fishermen who like to fish freshwater lakes. The display is crisp, bright, clear, and shows you exactly where the fish are. This makes it so much easier to scope out your fishing area.

The Garmin 160c offers a dual-beam transducer operation for improved shallow water performance. This is extremely effective for me because I like to get close to shore and cast into the weeds where it's very shallow. This fishfinder is extremely rugged, waterproof, and able to withstand abuse from the elements.

The Garmin 160c also offers Ultrascroll, which allows boaters to get a much faster refresh rate on their sonar display. For those unfamiliar with fishfinders, a refresh rate is nothing more than a new picture that is created whenever the angler changes locations. AutoGain, as well as user adjustable gain, is also standard on all of Garmin's new fishfinders.

Here's what this package includes:

Fishfinder 160c unit

Transom mount transducer

Power cable

Mounting bracket with tilt/swivel

Owner's manual

The Garmin 160c also offers many features that other lower priced fishfinders don't.

Here are some of the better features:

16-color CSTN display, 3.2"W x 3.27"H, 4.5-inch diagonal, 128 x 128 pixels

Patented transom/trolling mount transducer

Dual-beam transducer with user-selectable narrow (14) or wide (45) view to see more fish in shallow water

Ultrascroll high-rep-rate sonar

Automatic display re-scaling on range change (no more vertical lines with range changes)

CCFL backlight for display, LED backlight for keypad

New AutoGain technology to see more fish

New sounder design featuring excellent shallow-water performance

Power output: 150 watts (RMS) 1200 watts (peak to peak)

Depth: 900 foot (which you'll never need)

See-Thru technology: shows weak and strong returns simultaneously

2X and 4X Automatic and manual zoom

Power down backup of settings: customer settings are not lost when the unit is turned off

Odometer feature

There are many more features, but it would just take me too long to list them all! As I said, I've always been against fishfinders, as I thought they took away from the integrity of the sport.

I now know that isn't true. The reason is because they only show you where the fish are, they don't catch them for you. I think if anything, the Garmin 160c gives me a slight advantage over the competition, which is a good thing.

I hope this review has helped you decide on a fishfinder. Remember, just because this is a low-cost option doesn't mean you have to sacrifice quality. This fishfinder has all the features that the more expensive models do, if not more. It's a great choice if it's your first one.

by: Chris Mollo
Cheap Gas Cookers Are Neat Water Filters Reviews - Which Water Filter Systems Suit You? Applying For Financial Aid: Financial Aid For Single Mothers Money before Payday – Important Help at Bendable terms Read At Least The Panic Away Reviews If Mainstream Doctors Cannot Cure Your Panic Disorder Zero Point Magnetic Generator - Save Your Money By Creating A Zero Point Magnetic Generator Dementium 2 Review: Raising the Bar on DS First Person Shooters Dante's Inferno Review - A Journey Through Hell. In More Ways Than One… Mirror's Edge Review - You're a Runner… So Run! Earn Money Fast—One Time, Big Time Available Free Grant Money For Minority Information Applying For Financial Support: Some Significant Steps To Follow Lipo-6 Hers Black Reviews
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.138.178.171) / Processed in 0.011996 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 60 , 3402, 385,
The Best Fishfinder: Garmin 160c Review