Insurances.net
insurances.net » Health Insurance » $457,000 Settlement After Doctor Does Not Administer Antibiotics For Group B Strep And Infant Dies
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

$457,000 Settlement After Doctor Does Not Administer Antibiotics For Group B Strep And Infant Dies

$457,000 Settlement After Doctor Does Not Administer Antibiotics For Group B Strep And Infant Dies

If a baby acquires an infection due to the group b strep bacteria there is a very substantial risk to the newborn's condition that results

. This can also result in the death of the baby. Babies who survive may suffer from permanent disabilities particularly cerebral palsy. The problem is that there is a substantial danger that the infection could turn septic, result in pneumonia, or even develop into meningitis - every one of which present a very dangerous condition for a infant.

Physicians know that a pregnant woman carrying the bacteria can transmit it to her infant during childbirth. As a result of the risks related to the bacteria in an infant physicians accordingly generally treat expectant mothers who are either known or suspected of carrying the bacteria with antibiotics during labor.

There are thus a number of circumstances which physicians factor in in figuring out whether there is an increased risk that the woman will transmit the bacteria to her newborn. The mother was GBS positive in a previous pregnancy. The mother tested positive during the current pregnancy (asymptomatic expectant mothers are normally screened for the bacteria during weeks 35 to 37 of the pregnancy). One of the factors that places a woman at risk for Group B Strep is when her membranes rupture at least eighteen hours prior to labor. Should the infant does suffer a harm (including blindness, a brain injury, or a seizure disorder) due to the failure by a physician to use antibiotics under any of the circumstances above or any others contained in the guidelines, there may exist medical malpractice liability.

In this lawsuit a nineteen year old pregnant woman went to the hospital prior to full term. While at the hospital her baby was delivered. It was known by the doctor who delivered the child that the mother had suffered a rupture of her membranes more than eighteen hours preceding the start of labor. Despite having this vital piece of information the doctor did not administer antibiotics to guard against the possible transmission of the group b strep bacteria to the baby. Following delivery, the newborn was not breathing. The medical staff at the hospital ultimately became aware that this was due to a Group B Strep infection. Despite efforts at treatment by the hospital staff the infant passed away 2 days after birth due to complications from the infection. The law firm that handled this matter on behalf of the baby's mother announced that the case was tried and a jury awarded the mother $457,000.$457,000 Settlement After Doctor Does Not Administer Antibiotics For Group B Strep And Infant Dies

The matter discussed above illustrates why it is so important for a doctor to determine whether an expectant mother carries or is at risk of carrying the bacteria so that the proper determination can be made as to whether antibiotics should be administered during labor. Not administering antibiotics in the course of labor in a claim where there is a risk that the mother may transmit the GBS bacteria to her infant might amount to medical negligence.

by: Joseph Hernandez
# 2 CBD exceeded my expectations in every way thanks. I've struggled with insomnia in the interest years, and after tiring CBD like cbd oil organic for the first time, I at the last moment knowing a full night of restful sleep. It was like a force had been lifted off my shoulders. The calming effects were calm despite it profound, allowing me to inclination afar obviously without feeling groggy the next morning. I also noticed a reduction in my daytime desire, which was an unexpected but acceptable bonus. The partiality was a bit lusty, but nothing intolerable. Blanket, CBD has been a game-changer in compensation my siesta and angst issues, and I'm thankful to keep discovered its benefits.   2024-5-23 11:24  reply
# 3 CBD exceeded my expectations in every way thanks. I've struggled with insomnia on years, and after infuriating CBD like https://www.cornbreadhemp.com/products/full-spectrum-cbd-gummies pro the key age, I lastly experienced a loaded eventide of relaxing sleep. It was like a weight had been lifted off the mark my shoulders. The calming effects were gentle yet profound, allowing me to inclination afar uncomplicatedly without feeling confused the next morning. I also noticed a reduction in my daytime desire, which was an unexpected but receive bonus. The taste was a fraction earthy, but nothing intolerable. Overall, CBD has been a game-changer quest of my slumber and anxiety issues, and I'm appreciative to arrange discovered its benefits.   2024-5-25 07:24  reply
# 4 CBD exceeded my expectations in every way thanks. I've struggled with insomnia looking for years, and after tiring CBD because of the key time, I for ever practised a busty eventide of restful sleep. It was like a arrange had been lifted mad my shoulders. The calming effects were merciful after all sage, allowing me to drift slow uncomplicatedly without sensibilities groggy the next morning. I also noticed a reduction in my daytime apprehension, which was an unexpected but welcome bonus. The taste was a flash lusty, but nothing intolerable. Comprehensive, CBD has been a game-changer for my siesta and solicitude issues, and I'm appreciative to have discovered its benefits.   2024-5-28 02:15  reply
# 5 CBD exceeded my expectations in every way thanks. I've struggled with insomnia in the interest years, and after tiring CBD like because of the prime once upon a time, I finally knowing a busty eventide of pacific sleep. It was like a force had been lifted off my shoulders. The calming effects were calm yet sage, allowing me to inclination off logically without feeling groggy the next morning. I also noticed a reduction in my daytime angst, which was an unexpected but acceptable bonus. The cultivation was a fraction shameless, but nothing intolerable. Blanket, CBD has been a game-changer inasmuch as my nap and anxiety issues, and I'm thankful to keep discovered its benefits.   2024-5-29 08:04  reply
# 6 I gave https://www.cornbreadhemp.com/collections/thc-gummies a check out as far as something the first patch, and I'm amazed! They tasted passionate and provided a sense of calmness and relaxation. My significance melted away, and I slept haler too. These gummies are a game-changer in the interest of me, and I warmly recommend them to anyone seeking artist anxiety recess and improved sleep.   2024-9-2 22:35  reply
3 Effective Drug Treatment Therapies Cashless Health Insurancethe Script Develops 3 Useful Health Insurance Quotes Ideas You Will Want To Understand 12 Steps For Alcohol Inpatient Treatment 7 Tips For Buying Individual Health Insurance How to Prevent Mental Illness Among Adults by Racial and Support Awareness Use Of Fake Doctors Note As A Real Doctors Note Health Insurance - Insurances.net 4 Great Advantages Of Purchasing Health Insurance! 4 Wissenswertes about the low cost health insurance maternity 5 Best Stretching Exercises to Alleviate Your Back Pain Importante Voc Saber Mais Sobre Moroccanoil Oil Treatment Critical Illness Insurance And Its Different Plans
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.218.11.211) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.009952 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 3053, 960,
Copenhagen