Insurances.net
insurances.net » Global Economy » Should we fear Global Warming?
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

Should we fear Global Warming?

Having survived for more than one-half century, I appreciate all the historical facts I can absorb. Being a lover of the outdoors, weather trends and weather forecasts played a major role in planning where I'd go and what I'd do. When I lived in the beautiful Bershires of Western Massachusetts, I had access to two local lakes and numerous trout streams in Massachusetts, Vermont andNew York. Most of my stream fishing was done Saturday morning when I could arrive at dawn or before. Weekday evenings, however, I would head to my favorite lake which had some deep sections where trout could thrive year-round. It was only fifteen minutes from my house which was only 10 minutes from work, so I was usually fishing by 6 pm even though I needed to motor halfway across the lake. My rule of thumb would be if the weather report called for 60% or less chance of rain, I'd go fishing! After eight years of this how often do you think I got caught on the lake by a rain storm? Just Twice!! Why do I tell you this?...Because if you're not paying very close attention to the weather, you'll be apt to believe what you hear on the news or read in the newspaper.

Today, there are numerous "environmentalists" (I'll explain the "'s later) that tell us that the world is hotter than ever. Geologists will tell you otherwise. I was born in Northeastern Pennsylvania and except for those eight years in New England, I've lived here all my life. If you study the industrialization of this great country, you'll find that oil was first discovered in Pennsylvania and then came the Anthracite coal and now it's the Marcellus Shale gas. That gas and coal fueled the industrial revolution. Why do you think these fuels were found here? When I was in school, I was taught that untold tons of carbon based material accumulatedand were compacted forcenturies very possibly by theice capexpanding southward. This explanation suggests that this area of Pennsylvania was once heavy growth forrest, very possibly a rain forrest, but certainly withtropic or sub-tropic weather. That would be much warmer than anyone alive nowwouldbelieve. Of course,none of us were alive during theice ageeither! Earlier this year I attended a presentation of a geologist who took his students all over the world in search of fishing and digging opportunities. Recently, they werealong the Atlantic coast of Newfoundland, Canada. Much to their amazement, their diggings yielded a type of coral that could only have grown in tropical waters. How do our Global Warming proponents explain that?

A few years ago the History Channel aired a one hour documentary called "The Last Mini Ice Age". You may still be able to download this show from their files, if you wish, or you can keep listening to Al Gore. The story covered about 600 years from the early 1300's during which the world's population dropped 6,000,000 people. One of the conclusions of the show was that mankind can survive much better in heat than in cold. So, I ask again,"Should we fear Global Warming?"

Time was people would say, "If you don't like the weather, stick around for (insert time) and it will change. That was called "WEATHER". Now it's called "Global Warming" even if the weather is getting colder or dryer or wetter. It's interesting that the recent U.N. conference on Climate Change in Cancun, Mexico experienced 4 days of record "LOWS". Believe what you will, but don't fear "Global Warming" because the world will be able to produce more food than before, so it may solve world-wide hunger...

http://www.articlesbase.com/environment-articles/should-we-fear-global-warming-3869643.html
Real Estate Investing in a Global Economic Crisis Used Digger Derricks: Digging For A Good Life In A Bad Economy Global Offers Packers and movers,relocation services and Car shifiting services in Hyderabad Purchasing Sheet Metal Deburring Machines Guides It is worth purchasing Spyder wear Global Biodiesel Market Analysis And Forecasts To 2020 Global Agricultural Products - Aarkstore Enterprise Market Reserach Report. Global And China Passive Component Industry Report Purchasing the appropriate bed frames and bed Mattresses Parcels Without Frontiers Worldwide Shipping Makes It Possible To Reach Right Around The World How To Prepare Your Shipment For Shipping In The Rain? Frbiz Reports Ecological Textile Bamboo Fiber Into The Darling Of Low-carbon Economy So You're Thinking About Purchasing A Clawfoot Bathtub - Here Are Some Details You Need To Consider
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.226.66) New York / New York City Processed in 0.009516 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 11 , 3888, 465,
Should we fear Global Warming? New York City