5 Ways Your Dui Lawyer Can Help You
Despite the fact that everyone knows drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs is an offense, many people keep on doing it today
. This causes DUI cases to be on the rise, with courts, lawyers and the police becoming overwhelmed by the lack of responsibility shown by society. We know the act is wrong, yet some of us continue to repeat the same offense over and over again. Just because this is your first offense, it should not be taken lightly. Driving under the influence jeopardizes many lives, including your own.
If you are arrested for a DUI, the best thing you could do for yourself is to hire a lawyer. Your lawyer will then proceed with the following 5 ways to help you.
1. Determine your case. First things first, your lawyer will determine if your case is defendable. Were you pulled over for a valid reason, or just because the officer felt like it? Your lawyer will create questions to challenge your arrest in the first place; especially if this was your first offense. If it is not your first, your lawyer will need to determine the severity of your condition and if you can be defended in court.
2. Negotiating a Plea. If you have been formally charged, your lawyer needs to determine how far deep you are. If the evidence against you is too strong, your lawyer might accept the deal offered by the prosecutor and often you will get your charges or jail sentence reduced.
3. Prepare your defense. Even if you are caught driving under influence, it is possible to get the charge overturned and tossed out. Simply by refusing a blood test and a breathalyzer test, you have made it very difficult that you were under the influence. Without these two types of evidence, the arresting officer has no proof to support his claim of your drunk driving. Just because you were caught, do not think that it is best to just cooperate and give the police everything they ask for, this would help to put you in jail, not keep you out. If there is no evidence of your drunken state, the only thing that remains is the officer's opinion that you were drunk and that is not enough to convict you.
4. Suspended license. A person with a DUI charge will most often get their driving license suspended. Imagine not being able to drive and having to take public transportation wherever you go. Having a good lawyer ensures that you get to keep your driver's license.
5. Protecting your rights. Your lawyer is responsible in protecting rights. Never accept a DUI charge and remember you have the right to a lawyer who defends you until the case is over.
Even though the cost of hiring a lawyer nowadays is very expensive, defending yourself in court is not an option because if you are unable to adequately defend yourself, you might have to go to jail. Once you do go to jail, life will start becoming very hard as it will be difficult for you to get a job and this will create more problems in the future. Self defense is definitely not an option.
by: Jayden Jones
5 Ways Your DUI Lawyer Can Help You 5 Ways To Save For Retirement So You Have Enough Money 5 Ways To Find A Disabilities Lawyer In Portland Oregon 5 Tips For Investing In A 529 University Financial Savings Plan 5 Things To Look Before Investing Into Learn Spanish Cd Course 5 Stock Investing Strategies 5 Steps for Short-term Retirement Planning 5 Steps For Hiring Good Accident Lawyers 5 Steps For Hiring Good Accident Lawyers 5 Signs Your Emotions Are Taking Control Of Your Investing 5 Reasons Why Investing in Pattaya is the Game of the Future 4 Types Of Bike Lights Worth Investing In 4 Steps Guide To Plan Your Retirement