Board logo

subject: Review- Mizuno MP-52 Irons [print this page]

Along with the Mizuno MP-52s, I have been playing an older set of Callaway Fusion irons, with identical shafts/setup. The Fusion irons are clunkers to look at from behind, but setup nicely and are extremely forgiving. They also cannot hold a candle to the MP-52s in terms of accuracy/consistency. With a good swing, I find the MP-52 Irons are extremely consistent distance wise. If you have not done this yourself, take a shag bag, 20 or so balls, and an iron of your choice. Put a stake or something in the ground as a target, and pace back the distance you believe you hit that iron. Hit 10-20 balls at that target, and see how consistent you are distance wise. It is very easy to spray the ball a little left or right. But the distance the ball travels should be pretty close. With the Mizuno MP-52 Irons, it is extremely close. With the Fusions, I find I catch one here or there that just launches an extra half club.

Review- Mizuno MP-52 Irons

By: supergc

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)