Board logo

subject: Ten Steps Toward Starting An Online Business For Beginners [print this page]

The internet is a great way to make more money. After some research, I found that these are the twelve steps, which are best suited to starting your own business online. These are also the steps I plan to take when I begin my own journey into marketing on the internet.

Step 1-Know Who It Is That you're Targeting

While not everyone will want your products and certainly not everyone will need them, knowing who does need them is the first step toward finding a way to make those products available to the people who need and want to buy them. Getting the traffic to your website is easier if you know who that traffic is. Targeting them with advertising and your written content means knowing who they are and what kind of articles or content might appeal to them.

Step 2- Create Goals with a Plan of Action

Making a plan of action will let you know where you are going and how you're going to get there. Think of it as a business plan in miniature. Break down your activities into the days, weeks, and months ahead. Once you have completed the plan you should have arrived at the goal.

Step 3-Create a Marketing Plan

Design your own marketing strategy and think it through. Having a well developed strategy for your marketing is a key step in success. I plan to use just one strategy to keep my business more streamlined and simple. In this case, my marketing strategy is to learn one marketing strategy in a three month time span and then move on to a second. My first will be article marketing and the second will be paid classified advertising.

Step 4-Buy A Domain Name

Having your own domain name will make you far more able to gain a professional appearance. The absolute key is to have control of your own domain and to have a professional email address. Free email accounts project the appearance of unprofessionalism. Don't let that be you.

Step 5-Find a Host

Web hosting is part of any good domain name and using free hosting usually limits you to no advertising and many other things. In addition, free hosting has free written all over it. Once you get your own webspace, complete with host then you can upload your files and begin to build your site.

Step 6-You Need a Squeeze Page

A squeeze page is built for several reasons. The first, to help you build an opt in for those who want to gain access to your information. Secondary, you will want one to assist you in gaining the information of your visitors and lastly, to offer your visitor some free content that may induce them to sign up, such as an E-book or a report of some type.

Step 7- Build A List and Develop Trust with your list members

The way to do that is to build the list first. That will help you to target the traffic that is on your list. One of the ways that you want to build trust is by responding to all of your emails and returning any phone calls that you may receive.

Step 8 -You're going to need an Autoresponder.

In the old days an auto responder was something that told people you were away and would answer their email shortly. An autoresponder today is a website email that goes out on a regular basis. A newsletter if you will. The auto responder service helps you to build your list and then to send out that email to the hundreds of people that you will ideally have on your list. The Autoresponder will help you to build the list, generate cash from conversions and offer you a good return on your investment.

Make certain that the auto responder that you get will assure deliverability of the emails and track the customers that you have who are clicking on your links. Also, be aware that as your site list grows, your autoresponder may not. Find out what their top numbers are so you have plenty of room to grow.

Step 9-Find a Mentor

Tutors are quite costly but there is someone out there who is experienced in what you're doing who would be willing to serve as a mentor for you. Find them and ask. Everyone loves to feel they are a role model for another.

Step 10-Monitor All of your marketing efforts

Monitor all of your efforts and find out how well you're doing in your marketing tasks. Keep running tallies of what you make and what you spend to see how effectively you are marketing

by: Gracie McCray

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)