Board logo

subject: Stampede Ecs - Review Of The Nerf N-strike Stampede Ecs Toy Gun [print this page]

"It's Nerf or nothing"!
"It's Nerf or nothing"!

This well-known slogan of the Nerf company is worth rewording to: "It's Nerf Stampede ECS or nothing!" The Nerf N-Strike Stampede ECS is considered to be the best Nerf Blaster made to date and I personally agree with the statement. With a full automation of firing, it is a toy gun different from everything that has been produced so far. The Nerf Stampede ECS comes with many handy components, such as a pop-out bipod, a blast shield, 4 clips to carry darts and 60 Nerf darts. All these components are described in more detail below.

But now to say a few words to the auto blasting of the Stampede ECS; if you hold the trigger, it will keep blasting the darts until the clip's empty. When it becomes empty, the bolt on the clip will stop its firing cycle in a breech open position to let you know you are out of ammo. You can perform a discontinuous shooting as well just by pulling the trigger from time to time. The blaster is able to shoot over 3 darts per second.

As for the dimensions and the weight of the N-Strike Stampede ECS; the dimensions are following: 29.9 inches length x 14.9 inches width x 4.6 inches height and the gun weighs around 5.4 pounds. The manufacturer says it is suitable for kids aged 8 years and up, but I would slightly change this recommendation. In my opinion, even younger kids (say 6 years and up) can handle it well.

As said above, the Stampede ECS Blaster disposes of the blast shield, which can be assembled and disassembled from the blaster itself. This is good for an enhanced defense, as the shield will protect you from incoming shots. There is also an aperture within the shield, so you can shoot and be secure behind the shield at the same time.

The Stampede ECS is equipped with a pop-out bipod that doubles as a handle. Therefore, it works as a conventional foregrip. There are two hidden legs that can be deployed by pushing a button on the bipod. This is very useful for situations when you need to aim more accurately (for example when you are lying on the ground).

The clips are not all the same, there 3 so-called high-capacity clips that can contain 18 darts each. In addition, there is a low-capacity 6-dart clip for need of a quick action. The darts are made of a quite soft plastic material to avoid injuries; however, you are not supposed to aim at eyes or face in general, anyway.

The Nerf N-Strike Stampede ECS is run on 6 "D" batteries (sold separately). In the conclusion, I would highly recommend this toy gun and eventhough people might think the price is too high, if you take all the components and features into consideration, it is well worth it.

by: Trevor ek

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)